Wednesday, December 24, 2003

"The Nazis ... could never claim that all reasonable and informed men would be forced by reason to agree to the extermination of all Jews: self-evidently, the Jews must be included in any reasonable decision about their fate, and self-evidently, without even the need for consultation, they will be known to disagree with any attempt at a consensus about their extermination" -- Wayne Booth, Modern Dogma and the Rhetoric of Assent, p. 110.

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

"When you tell people your troubles, 90 percent of them don't care and the other 10 percent are glad you have them."

-- Dick Armey

Sunday, December 21, 2003

WTC Memorial Competition Rap
S. Beck

Yah fuckhead
you don't know shit
you been suckin'
some serious hind tit

but let me rub ya
thanks to Dubbya
don't have to club ya
Paul Martin's getting with tha

I ain't no robba
no Southern Bobba
so believe me when tell you
that 'cross the island from Bellevue
they'll soon be erectin' the Kaaba

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Nothing will tear from your side, Carol!

Tried the Presidential Candidate Selector

And got these results:

1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%)
2. Bush, President George W. - Republican (75%)
3. Edwards, Senator John, NC - Democrat (51%)
4. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (51%)
5. Gephardt, Rep. Dick, MO - Democrat (48%)
6. Libertarian Candidate (38%)
7. Kucinich, Rep. Dennis, OH - Democrat (36%)
8. Dean, Gov. Howard, VT - Democrat (27%)
9. Lieberman, Senator Joe, CT - Democrat (25%)
10. Phillips, Howard - Constitution (22%)
11. Socialist Candidate (21%)
12. Green Party Candidate (15%)
13. LaRouche, Lyndon H. Jr. - Democrat (14%)
14. Clark, Retired General Wesley K., AR - Democrat (13%)
15. Sharpton, Reverend Al - Democrat (13%)
16. Hagelin, Dr. John - Natural Law (3%)
17. Moseley-Braun, Former Senator Carol, IL - Democrat (0%)

But despite it all, I am keeping the faith with Carol Moseley Braun.

Friday, December 05, 2003

At last, a blog for the libertine conservative.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

More on Sabl/Kleiman
S. Beck

Andrew Sabl strikes back at the end of the comments on his essay.

Sabl wants his readers to read his essay as if he had published it without name and affiliation.

He also wants me to make an argument against Clark as the Democratic nominee.

I won't do that. For two reasons:

1. I can't argue my way out of a paper bag. As Sabl so kindly puts it, I am a fool -- see The Song of Mid-Summer.

2. Because Clark's chances of winning the nomination are about as good as mine, and I am 31 and foreign-born.

Clark might be the best man, but he ain't gonna whip the Dean Machine. This is not an endorsment of Dean.


News Flash! Self-Published Cleveland Poet and Former Braun Xerox Chappie S. Beck Endorses Carol Moseley Braun for the Democratic Nomination in 2004

how is it that you have overcome
upbringing, race, and mediocrity
choices of lovers
(killer boyfriend back in '94)
leaving aside those pesky Daley machine connections...
Enough! Senator, you have my support for the Democratic nomination
So long as you don't ask me for another job recommendation.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?